Monday, May 10, 2010

Wedding invites











































Ok I thought i'd keep the momentum up so for my first showcase of 'creativity' I thought I'd upload my wedding invites. I now realise that I don't have the best photos documenting the huge production line that existed to get these things done at the time, but here are a few that I did take. I have since bought my husband a fancy camera so might re-shoot for posterity!

We are coming up to our 2 year anniversary so it was around this time of year I was finishing off invites, table plans and what have you....I think I did pretty well not to get too stressed by it all and my close friends tell my honestly that I did not turn into a 'bridezilla'!

It was a relatively low key event, in the beautiful hotel - The George in Rye, East Sussex. They produce sumptuous meals using local produce; which is something we like to promote as much as possible. We decided to do as much as possible ourselves, including the invites, cake, dessert and I even bought my wedding dress second hand. It goes to show you that you do not have to spend a fortune to have a lovely day!

To match our 'down to earth' theme I used 100% recycled kraft board for the stationary, printed it using my trusty inkjet at home and then embellished with sequins - well you've got to have a bit of bling!

I did a slight tongue-in-cheek pop-up to suit the fact that my husband and I are not too serious about stuff, and to reflect the ridiculous situation we have when we stand side by side (I am a mere 5ft 2in, and him 6Ft 4in!) I included the bride standing on a stack of yellow pages!

I'm going to dig out some of the other stationary and also the homemade cake we did! - Oh I am really enjoying reminiscing about my big day!

No comments: